The 2022 SEC Football Helmet Schedule was released in September for the upcoming 2022 SEC football season.
For the 2022 season, Southeastern Conference member schools play twelve games and have one open date. The SEC football schedule includes eight conference games featuring six divisional games and two inter-divisional games with one rotating opponent and one permanent opponent. And, all SEC schools play four non-conference games and one of the opponents must be a member of another Power Five conference.
Our Favorite OOC Matchups on the 2022 SEC Football Helmet Schedule
Even though the 2022 SEC football season feels like an eternity away and a million things’ll change before the season starts, we like to pick out a few of the most anticipated out of conference games on the schedule.
And yes, we already know SEC conference matchups are the greatest of all matchups. Following are a few of the most intriguing games featuring SEC football teams versus other Power 5 schools on the 2022 SEC football schedule.
- Alabama at Texas – Mark this one on your calendar and get ready for a barn burner. It won’t be long before this series becomes a classic. The University of Texas is joining the SEC! The Longhorns hold an impressive 7-1-1 record against the Tide. However, the last time these schools met it was 37-21 Bama at the Rose Bowl in the 2010 BCS Championship Game. Seems like a long time ago, huh?
- LSU vs Florida State – The Tigers and Noles have met nine times since 1968 and FSU holds a 7-2 advantage over LSU. The last three times these two have played, the Bobby Bowden led Seminoles walked away the victors – including a 42-3 drubbing in 1990 at Doak. They’re playing in the Dome this year – on Sunday.
- Georgia vs Oregon – The Dawgs and Ducks have met on the gridiron once. Way back on September 10, 1977 in Athens, Coach Dooley led UGA to a 27-16 victory against Mark Brooks and the Ducks. This season, the two schools meet in Hotlanta for the 2022 Kickoff Classic.
- Miami at Texas A&M – The first time these two schools faced each other was on December 8, 1944 – a warm and balmy Friday evening in Miami. The Canes were way over matched by the Coach Norton led Aggies and lost 70-14. The U would get its revenge, however, beating TAMU in 2007 and 2008 – the last two times they’ve played. The Canes hold a 2-1 advantage over the Aggies in the series.
- Penn State at Auburn – In the most recent White Out game at Happy Valley, the Nittany Lions handed Auburn a 28-20 beat down. A beating that hurt deep throughout that huge throng of supporters ready with sacks of precious toilet paper hoping to cover those beloved oaks at Toomer’s Corner. I’ve already heard someone say, “Wait ’til next year!”
- Ole Miss at Georgia Tech – Coach Bobby Dodd once said that Georgia Tech football fans wanted to visit exciting places and Mississippi wasn’t one of those places. In fact, during the 48 years the Ramblin’ Wreck was a member of the SEC, they played Ole Miss only two times – one game at Dodd’s namesake and the other in the 1953 Sugar Bowl – both Tech wins. Twice. Tech left the SEC in 1964 for those greener pastures Coach Dodd loved to talk about and they’ve met twice since then. Both Rebel victories. And, Tech still has never been to Oxford. #HottyToddy #ComeToTheSip 🙂
- Missouri at Kansas State – These two ex-Big Eight and ex-Big 12 conference foes meet for the first time since 2011 when Mizzou left for the SEC. Mizzou holds a 60-32-5 edge over K-State in the series. The first meeting going all the way back to 1909. Heck, Manhattan is only three hours from Columbia. There has got to be some kind of rivalry here, right?
- Utah at Florida – These two schools have actually met once before in Gainesville. On a blustery November day back in 1977, the 31 point underdog Utes gave the Gators all they could handle. Florida ended up scoring four touchdowns in the 4th quarter to come from way behind and win 38-29. Coach Mullen and Coach Whittingham were OC and DC respectively on the 2004 Utes that finished the season undefeated and won the 2005 Fiesta Bowl.
- Mississippi State at Arizona – History will be made when Clanga visits Arizona Stadium in Tucson on September 10, 2022. No previous matchups and no one knows anything about the other. Mississippi folk think Arizona is a hot place with a large canyon. Folks from Arizona think Mississippi is a large river. Coach Leach would probably love nothing more than to hang 70 on a former Pac-12 foe. Coach Fisch went to the University of Florida, he would probably love nothing more than to hang 70 on an old SEC rival. That makes it intriguing.
There you go! Our top 9 most intriguing matchups from the 2022 SEC Football Helmet Schedule. We can’t wait!
Looking for a 2022 SEC Football grid schedule, weekly schedule, team by team or TV schedule? Check out the following SEC football schedules for the 2022 season:
- 2022 SEC Football Grid Style Schedule
- 2022 SEC Football Composite Schedule
- 2022 SEC Football Team by Team Schedule
- 2022 SEC Football TV Schedule
2023 SEC Football Schedules
If you’re looking for a 2023 SEC Football grid schedule, weekly schedule, team by team or TV schedule, check out the following SEC football schedules for the 2023 season: